Friday, May 23, 2008

A Little Tip for Shoppers in Den Haag

Good afternoon lovelies,
I have already started studying hard for my upcoming last exams of the academic year, which are ten days away. I do not expect to be able to post much in the next ten days, but I will do my best to bring you at least a couple of smaller posts. Today just a little tip for those of you living in Den Haag and those of you that live close enough to shop there: Douglas Den Haag is currently having a half-price offer on a small number of fragrances. Underneath a heap of the usual trashy suspects I first uncovered Moschino’s Friends, a simple yet beautiful masculine of which unfortunately only the deodorants are left, but even more exciting was the discovery of several Ferre by Ferre eau de parfum bottles, going for just 31 euros each. Although Ferre by Gianfranco Ferre has not been officially discontinued, it is a hard to find fragrance. The price is great and the juice is just marvelous. It is a softly sweet floral-woody/musky scent that smells rather decadent, like a tribute to all the Italian scents which smelled like liquid gold in the very early nineties. It lasts forever and it is sexy and comforting at once, begging the nose to come closer whenever it catches a whiff of it. Fans of the discontinued, absolutely fabulous By Woman by Dolce & Gabbana are going to love this one – the two are very close. Snap it up! I am feeling rather regretful myself for not grabbing one last night...

Official Notes:

Top: Bergamot, Pineapple, Iris Leaf
Middle: Rose, Lily-of-the-Valley, Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Freesia, Magnolia
Base: Iris Root, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Amber, Vanilla, Musk, Basmati Rice

Image: www.marvistore.com


5 comments:

Perfumeshrine said...

Best of luck for your exams!!
(not that you need it, I know you study hard)

Re: Ferre. And more importantly it's very, very close to Iris Poudre by F.Malle!

ForTheLoveOfPerfume said...

Good luck with your exams Divina!! I give yo so much credit for continuing to write while you are undergoing such stress and pressure. I miss you, girl. :-)

Anonymous said...

I have not tried this fragrance but it is interesting to try. I heard that this fragrance is most popular amongst men.

http://www.fragrancedepot.net

Anonymous said...

(June 2nd) Hope I'm not too late to wish you the very best of luck with your exams today - I'll be thinking of you and know you'll do well!
Hugs,
Linda ;)

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew where to buy rare perfumes in Den Haag. Can you kindly inform me where are the best parfumeries in Den Haag ?

I live in the Schevingen area and dont know my way around yet. Dont even know where to shop ! :))

But I am a perfume lover. I am looking for a special Paris scent.

Thanks.... Paula