Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fragrance Bouquet Loves... Zen White Lotus Body Serum by Therme

I have really, really dry skin. This is not an exaggeration... I never (ever!) neglect my face, but I’ll sadly admit that sometimes I am too lazy or tired to do the whole body thing. If I do have such a lapse in my body routine, I end up with itchy skin that is so dry you can actually draw white squiggly lines on with your nail if you so please. Nice, huh? Attractive. Now, the product I am presenting today on the first Fragrance Bouquet Loves feature is not a solution to this problem. The most hydrating products I’ve found, my holy grails of body care are actually Bliss’ Naked Body Butter – which is not only extremely hydrating, but also scentless, which is perfect when you want to make sure your body cream does not clash with your perfume – and glycerin, either pure or diluted with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Yes, Glycerin is thick and sticky and not the most pleasant sensation on skin, but believe you me, it works wonders. But I digress; let’s get back to today’s topic, Therme’s Zen White Lotus Body Serum. Why did I buy it, since I already have satisfactory emollient options waiting for me at home? What can I say, I am compulsive like that. Buy it, I did. The “definitely noticeable improvement of your skin” blurb on the packet did what it was supposed to do: it got a sale out of me. According to the packet, the formula contains something called the “exclusive Perfection Peptide Complex” as well as seaweed extract, silk and jojoba oil for “ultra-soft skin”. How could I, what with my profound scaly skin potential, resist?

What is it like? Wonderfully refreshing, the formula is as lightweight as you’d expect a serum to be. It gets absorbed quickly by the skin, leaving it feeling hydrated, but not sticky. In fact, it leaves absolutely no residue behind: the surface of the skin looks matte and completely clean to the touch. I have been layering this with unscented baby oil on top, in order to combine the therapeutic, restorative effects of the Body Serum with the silky, unbelievably softening effect baby oil lends to the skin. The result? I have already had two people compliment me on the softness of my skin lately when they touched my arm. Not to mention I find myself unable to stop touching my own skin in a state of mild disbelief. Yup, this combination of products is a definite keeper! But that’s not all... the best part about this product is actually its smell, the main reason I was motivated enough to present this in the first Fragrance Bouquet Loves feature. Forget the name and what the packet says... This doesn’t smell like White Lotus! Its scent is the most beautiful, light, lemon blossom fragrance. It lasts and lasts all day, surrounding the body with this utterly gorgeous scent I simply can’t get enough of. In fact, it’s such a great scent I’ve actually forgone wearing perfume many times ever since I started using it. By the way, this is not the only Therme product with a wonderful scent: their Thalasso Body Oil Spray smells simply addictive, but sadly, the smell does not linger for more than ten minutes.

Now, as I mentioned yesterday, today is Fragrance Bouquet’s first birthday, so I would like to take the chance and gift a random reader with a bottle of Zen White Lotus Body Serum along with some random samples and goodies. Everyone that comments on this post will be automatically entered for the draw. The winner will be announced in a week’s time, on Tuesday the 22nd. Thank you for being with me this year! Your comments keep me going.

Here’s to making many more fragrant discoveries together; From new, to old and from popular to overlooked. Here’s to another year of passion for olfaction!

Images: commons.wikimedia.org and www.therme.nl


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. I am sorry that you have been so sick. It has been a bad flue season!

The body serum sounds lovely! I will try it.

PinstripedZebra said...

Wow! A year already, congratulations and salutations Divina and Fragrance Bouquet!!

I would also like to say that I love the new feature, and look forward to the next installment!

//Z

rosarita said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Hope that you are feeling better today. Thanks so much for your writing; FB is one of my daily scented reads. This product sounds wonderful, too.

Ines said...

Dear Divina
it makes me really happy that you have this new category since I am first and foremost a cosmetic addict so I'm looking forward to all posts appearing here.
Wish though it was available in CRoatia... :-)
And congratulations on the birthday anniversary!

Divina said...

Hi Janet, it has been indeed! Seems like everyone is giving it to everybody else, and its never ending! Thankfully I am feeling a little better. I think I might be able to nip outside a bit today.

I am not sure where this is sold outside NL, although the packet has several languages on it, including enlglish. Regardless, you're in the draw :)

Divina said...

Z, thank you! I am already planning to feature products for men too, so look forward to it indeed :)

Divina said...

Anita, thank you so much.. It means so much to me that you and others have made room for FB in your daily schedule!

Divina said...

Ines, so good to read this!! Don't worry, there will be plenty more products to come that are internationally available :)

Divina said...

PS: Ines, I forgot to say that in my opinion, Croatia is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. The coast especially is pure magic. It is still so untouched and wild in places, the beauty goes straight to my heart.

Ines said...

Thanks Divina! :) Croatia is a gem I believe Croatians don't appreciate much. ;)
I do have to say I have a strong wish to visit your native country (if I'm not mistaken you have Greek ancestry) - I just have this feeling it is a place where history and fantasy are present in real life. And I love both.

Anonymous said...

Oh, sounds lovely, Id love to try. As you've probably already gathered, im a floral sort of girl. (not only, but it is my favorite type)

Christine

Shelleybean said...

Thanks for the giveaway! The Zen White Lotus Body Serum sounds heavenly!

Divina said...

When you decide to go, don't hesitate to mail me if you have any questions! I have travelled Greece extensively and I can certainly help if you ever need suggestions on which places to visit, whether those are quiet or lively, green and forested or dry like the cyclades... Anything. I'd be happy to help!

Divina said...

Shelleybean, my pleasure! You're in, good luck!